Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19 Policies
QUESTION: What COVID-19 safety measures will be in place at the Cardiovascular Update 2022 congress taking place at the Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel?
ANSWER: We will continue to abide by all public health guidelines that are applicable to meeting and conferences by May 2022. We will notify you if any of these guidelines are significantly changed. Currently, the Cardiovascular Update Congress will implement:
• Health questionnaire required by delegates and organizers before entrance to the congress on both days
• Mandatory mask-wearing while circulating around the congress venue (currently not required when drinking/ eating or seated at table) and sanitization products available in every area
QUESTION: In the case another COVID-19 wave emerges, how will the congress proceed?
ANSWER: We will be closely monitoring COVID-19 public health precautions and protocols. In the event there is another variant of concern, and it is deemed not safe to attend in person, Cardiovascular Update Congress will be held fully virtually. Our ticket policy is extremely flexible given these circumstances.
QUESTION: Are vaccine passports mandatory to attend in person?
ANSWER: Yes, all delegates and organizers will be required to provide full proof of vaccination to enter the congress site. Currently in Ontario, full proof of vaccination considers an individual is fully vaccinated if they have received:
• The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines (i.e., 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine)
• One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
• Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
• They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
QUESTION: What is the cancellation policy if I purchased an in-person ticket or want to switch from an in-person to a virtual ticket?
ANSWER: Cardiovascular Update offers a very flexible ticket policy. However, as spaces to attend the in-person congress are limited, notice of cancellation is required 7 days prior to the congress start date for a full or partial refund (May 20th by 11:59 PM or earlier).
In the event of cancellation after May 20th by 11:59 PM or later or non-attendance due to an emergency, submit your request in writing (along with supporting documentation) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
QUESTION: If I bought a ticket to attend to the congress in person but I test positive for COVID-19 or come in contact with a positive case in the days before the congress, can I get a refund?
ANSWER: The Cardiovascular Update congress prioritizes the health and safety of the delegates and faculty. If you test positive for COVID-19 before the congress, please submit proof of a positive test to email@example.com and we will issue a full refund or the difference to attend the congress virtually. Each case will be evaluated according to personal circumstance.